Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Goodbye Cherry Red Lipstick And Lace


For the past several years my main interest involved working with vintage dolls. I became interested in doing this through online friends that I had and my love for collecting vintage dolls from the 30's through the 50's. I have boxes of desperate dolls as proof of my passion.
I decided to take my love for the dolls and my sewing skills and combine them into a business. I did minor repairs for people, and made reproductions of old doll dresses.
The problem with this was I didn't get ton's of work and it took me quite some time to get the projects I did get completed. I also found it very stressful to work on someone else's doll. Since I have had my Etsy shop I have found less time to do the sewing so I have made the decision to quit doing this kind of work. The items in my shop are mostly knit and crochet which I find much less stressful and easier to fit into my schedule. So this is a goodbye to Cherry Red Lipstick and Lace. Here are some of the outfits I created over the past years. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment